Jun 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Wilson Ramos continues to be snakebitten when it comes to injuries and maladies and misfortune: he left last night’s Nats-Giants game in the ninth inning after tweaking his hamstring after hitting a double in the ninth inning.
He missed the first month of the season following hamate bone surgery. Last year he missed time on two occasions with other hamstring issues. He missed most of the 2012 season following knee surgery. He was kidnapped at gunpoint in Venezuela in 2011.
Ramos will be re-evaluated today before the team determines how long he’ll be sidelined. Sidelines, unfortunately, with which he is intimately familiar.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)