Jun 12, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was a late scratch from Wednesday’s game against the Reds due to irritation around the AC joint in his right shoulder and he is sitting out again Thursday …
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 12, 2014
That is Miguel Rojas starting at shortstop in the Dodgers’ series finale at Great American Ball Park.
Hanley told reporters late Wednesday that the right shoulder discomfort bothers him more on defense than offense — specifically when he tries to throw — so maybe he’ll be available as a pinch-hitter Thursday.
Ramirez is batting .255/.345/.455 with 10 home runs and 38 RBI in 63 games played this season for Los Angeles. The 30-year-old is currently scheduled to hit the free agent market after the 2014 World Series.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 73
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)