Jun 12, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was a late scratch from Wednesday’s game against the Reds due to irritation around the AC joint in his right shoulder and he is sitting out again Thursday …
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 12, 2014
That is Miguel Rojas starting at shortstop in the Dodgers’ series finale at Great American Ball Park.
Hanley told reporters late Wednesday that the right shoulder discomfort bothers him more on defense than offense — specifically when he tries to throw — so maybe he’ll be available as a pinch-hitter Thursday.
Ramirez is batting .255/.345/.455 with 10 home runs and 38 RBI in 63 games played this season for Los Angeles. The 30-year-old is currently scheduled to hit the free agent market after the 2014 World Series.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)