Jun 12, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was a late scratch from Wednesday’s game against the Reds due to irritation around the AC joint in his right shoulder and he is sitting out again Thursday …
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 12, 2014
That is Miguel Rojas starting at shortstop in the Dodgers’ series finale at Great American Ball Park.
Hanley told reporters late Wednesday that the right shoulder discomfort bothers him more on defense than offense — specifically when he tries to throw — so maybe he’ll be available as a pinch-hitter Thursday.
Ramirez is batting .255/.345/.455 with 10 home runs and 38 RBI in 63 games played this season for Los Angeles. The 30-year-old is currently scheduled to hit the free agent market after the 2014 World Series.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)