Jun 12, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was a late scratch from Wednesday’s game against the Reds due to irritation around the AC joint in his right shoulder and he is sitting out again Thursday …
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 12, 2014
That is Miguel Rojas starting at shortstop in the Dodgers’ series finale at Great American Ball Park.
Hanley told reporters late Wednesday that the right shoulder discomfort bothers him more on defense than offense — specifically when he tries to throw — so maybe he’ll be available as a pinch-hitter Thursday.
Ramirez is batting .255/.345/.455 with 10 home runs and 38 RBI in 63 games played this season for Los Angeles. The 30-year-old is currently scheduled to hit the free agent market after the 2014 World Series.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)