Jun 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Here’s an interesting note from Chris Olds over at Beckett Magazines: As part of their Series 2 set this year Topps has produced a short-printed version of some cards that feature sabermetric statistics on the back instead of the usual conventional numbers.
Olds passes along this shot of what the back of Mike Trout‘s card looks like:
Wins Above Replacement has become relatively well known in recent years, but it’s cool to see stuff like adjusted OPS+ and batting average on balls in play get a little love too.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8