Jun 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Here’s an interesting note from Chris Olds over at Beckett Magazines: As part of their Series 2 set this year Topps has produced a short-printed version of some cards that feature sabermetric statistics on the back instead of the usual conventional numbers.
Olds passes along this shot of what the back of Mike Trout‘s card looks like:
Wins Above Replacement has become relatively well known in recent years, but it’s cool to see stuff like adjusted OPS+ and batting average on balls in play get a little love too.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)