Jun 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Here’s an interesting note from Chris Olds over at Beckett Magazines: As part of their Series 2 set this year Topps has produced a short-printed version of some cards that feature sabermetric statistics on the back instead of the usual conventional numbers.
Olds passes along this shot of what the back of Mike Trout‘s card looks like:
Wins Above Replacement has become relatively well known in recent years, but it’s cool to see stuff like adjusted OPS+ and batting average on balls in play get a little love too.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 300
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (302)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)