Jun 13, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke informed the media that the team will activate pitcher Tom Gorzelanny from the disabled list on Saturday, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It’s not yet known who the Brewers will move off of the 25-man roster to make room for Gorzelanny.
Gorzelanny had surgery on his left shoulder in December and has been recovering since. In 15 2/3 innings spanning ten appearances in the minor leagues, the lefty posted a 1.15 ERA with a 12/2 K/BB ratio. As a swingman for the Brewers last year, he finished with a 3.90 ERA in 85 1/3 innings across 10 starts and 33 relief appearances.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)