Jun 13, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke informed the media that the team will activate pitcher Tom Gorzelanny from the disabled list on Saturday, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It’s not yet known who the Brewers will move off of the 25-man roster to make room for Gorzelanny.
Gorzelanny had surgery on his left shoulder in December and has been recovering since. In 15 2/3 innings spanning ten appearances in the minor leagues, the lefty posted a 1.15 ERA with a 12/2 K/BB ratio. As a swingman for the Brewers last year, he finished with a 3.90 ERA in 85 1/3 innings across 10 starts and 33 relief appearances.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 39
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)