Jun 13, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke informed the media that the team will activate pitcher Tom Gorzelanny from the disabled list on Saturday, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It’s not yet known who the Brewers will move off of the 25-man roster to make room for Gorzelanny.
Gorzelanny had surgery on his left shoulder in December and has been recovering since. In 15 2/3 innings spanning ten appearances in the minor leagues, the lefty posted a 1.15 ERA with a 12/2 K/BB ratio. As a swingman for the Brewers last year, he finished with a 3.90 ERA in 85 1/3 innings across 10 starts and 33 relief appearances.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)