Jun 13, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke informed the media that the team will activate pitcher Tom Gorzelanny from the disabled list on Saturday, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It’s not yet known who the Brewers will move off of the 25-man roster to make room for Gorzelanny.
Gorzelanny had surgery on his left shoulder in December and has been recovering since. In 15 2/3 innings spanning ten appearances in the minor leagues, the lefty posted a 1.15 ERA with a 12/2 K/BB ratio. As a swingman for the Brewers last year, he finished with a 3.90 ERA in 85 1/3 innings across 10 starts and 33 relief appearances.
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 8
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)