Jun 13, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke informed the media that the team will activate pitcher Tom Gorzelanny from the disabled list on Saturday, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It’s not yet known who the Brewers will move off of the 25-man roster to make room for Gorzelanny.
Gorzelanny had surgery on his left shoulder in December and has been recovering since. In 15 2/3 innings spanning ten appearances in the minor leagues, the lefty posted a 1.15 ERA with a 12/2 K/BB ratio. As a swingman for the Brewers last year, he finished with a 3.90 ERA in 85 1/3 innings across 10 starts and 33 relief appearances.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)