Jun 13, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Bonifacio got off to a red-hot start this season, collecting 11 hits in his first three games and hitting .500 through his first eight games, but he came back down to earth and is hitting just .266 with one homer and a .656 OPS in 61 games overall (which is actually five points below his career OPS).
Bonifacio can play basically anywhere defensively, but the Cubs have mostly used him in center field and at second base this season.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 29
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)