Jun 13, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Bonifacio got off to a red-hot start this season, collecting 11 hits in his first three games and hitting .500 through his first eight games, but he came back down to earth and is hitting just .266 with one homer and a .656 OPS in 61 games overall (which is actually five points below his career OPS).
Bonifacio can play basically anywhere defensively, but the Cubs have mostly used him in center field and at second base this season.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)