Jun 13, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
Bonifacio got off to a red-hot start this season, collecting 11 hits in his first three games and hitting .500 through his first eight games, but he came back down to earth and is hitting just .266 with one homer and a .656 OPS in 61 games overall (which is actually five points below his career OPS).
Bonifacio can play basically anywhere defensively, but the Cubs have mostly used him in center field and at second base this season.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 248
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)