Jun 13, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Bonifacio got off to a red-hot start this season, collecting 11 hits in his first three games and hitting .500 through his first eight games, but he came back down to earth and is hitting just .266 with one homer and a .656 OPS in 61 games overall (which is actually five points below his career OPS).
Bonifacio can play basically anywhere defensively, but the Cubs have mostly used him in center field and at second base this season.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 11
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 14
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (97)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)