Jun 13, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
On Sunday, the Twins designated outfielder Jason Kubel for assignment to make room for newcomer Kendrys Morales on the roster. Kubel cleared waivers on Friday, and just rejected an assignment to Triple-A Rochester, Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports. As a result, the Twins are expected to release Kubel.
Kubel, 32, slashed a disappointing .224/.313/.295 with one home run and 13 RBI in 176 plate appearances for the Twins. The club had signed him to a minor league deal in December and he earned a major league salary of $2 million after the Twins selected his contract at the end of March. The ten-year veteran should still draw some interest as he can serve as a left-handed bench bat.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)