Jun 13, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Hellickson, who’s coming back from arthroscopic elbow surgery in February, lasted just 2.1 innings while allowing four runs on six hits at Triple-A. He threw just 55 pitches, so regardless of the quality of his performance the Rays may decide he needs more than one additional start before being fully stretched out.
Hellickson won the Rookie of the Year award in 2011 and followed that up with a similarly strong 2012 season, but last year he posted a 5.17 ERA in 174 innings while opponents slugged .450 off him.
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 0
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 99
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 33
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)