Jun 13, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Yankees starter Michael Pineda isn’t likely to rejoin the Yankees until August according to manager Joe Girardi. The report comes from Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York. Pineda has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a teres major strain in his right shoulder.
According to Girardi, Pineda won’t pick up a baseball for another week. Once he does start throwing, he’ll need a full spring training (about six weeks) to get back in shape.
Pineda, 25, posted a 1.83 ERA with a 15/3 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings across four starts before his injury.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)