Jun 13, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Yankees starter Michael Pineda isn’t likely to rejoin the Yankees until August according to manager Joe Girardi. The report comes from Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York. Pineda has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a teres major strain in his right shoulder.
According to Girardi, Pineda won’t pick up a baseball for another week. Once he does start throwing, he’ll need a full spring training (about six weeks) to get back in shape.
Pineda, 25, posted a 1.83 ERA with a 15/3 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings across four starts before his injury.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)