Jun 13, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Yankees starter Michael Pineda isn’t likely to rejoin the Yankees until August according to manager Joe Girardi. The report comes from Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York. Pineda has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a teres major strain in his right shoulder.
According to Girardi, Pineda won’t pick up a baseball for another week. Once he does start throwing, he’ll need a full spring training (about six weeks) to get back in shape.
Pineda, 25, posted a 1.83 ERA with a 15/3 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings across four starts before his injury.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 41
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)