Jun 13, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Yankees starter Michael Pineda isn’t likely to rejoin the Yankees until August according to manager Joe Girardi. The report comes from Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York. Pineda has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a teres major strain in his right shoulder.
According to Girardi, Pineda won’t pick up a baseball for another week. Once he does start throwing, he’ll need a full spring training (about six weeks) to get back in shape.
Pineda, 25, posted a 1.83 ERA with a 15/3 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings across four starts before his injury.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)