Jun 13, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Yankees starter Michael Pineda isn’t likely to rejoin the Yankees until August according to manager Joe Girardi. The report comes from Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York. Pineda has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a teres major strain in his right shoulder.
According to Girardi, Pineda won’t pick up a baseball for another week. Once he does start throwing, he’ll need a full spring training (about six weeks) to get back in shape.
Pineda, 25, posted a 1.83 ERA with a 15/3 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings across four starts before his injury.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)