Jun 13, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
Friday police blotter time:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Baltimore Orioles Minor League right-handed pitcher Eduardo Gamboa has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for exogenous Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Gamboa plays for Triple-A Norfolk. He’s 29 and isn’t a prospect. I suppose he figured giving a little testosterone a try would maybe fix that, but nope.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 154
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39