Jun 13, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
Friday police blotter time:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Baltimore Orioles Minor League right-handed pitcher Eduardo Gamboa has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for exogenous Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Gamboa plays for Triple-A Norfolk. He’s 29 and isn’t a prospect. I suppose he figured giving a little testosterone a try would maybe fix that, but nope.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29