Jun 13, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Journeyman outfielder/speedster Quintin Berry is playing at Triple-A for the Orioles and last night he got ejected from a game and sort of freaked out.
In a very odd scene, Berry singled and then got into some of kind argument with the first-base umpire, at which point he got booted from the game and proceeded to do a home run trot around the bases anyway.
And then he slid into home plate:
Baseball is so weird sometimes.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)