Jun 13, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Journeyman outfielder/speedster Quintin Berry is playing at Triple-A for the Orioles and last night he got ejected from a game and sort of freaked out.
In a very odd scene, Berry singled and then got into some of kind argument with the first-base umpire, at which point he got booted from the game and proceeded to do a home run trot around the bases anyway.
And then he slid into home plate:
Baseball is so weird sometimes.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)