Jun 14, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Adam Waintwright says he’s feeling significantly better than he did before, but the Cardinals are taking some precautionary measures. They have announced that they are skipping his next start, scheduled for Monday. Instead he’ll start again a week from today.
Wainwright underwent an MRI on his sore right elbow earlier this week that showed no ligament damage, and the St. Louis medical staff believes he’s dealing with something similar to tennis elbow.
In his absence, some other Cardinals pitcher will have to shut out the Mets Monday night. Because, c’mon, you know it’s gonna happen.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)