Jun 14, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Adam Waintwright says he’s feeling significantly better than he did before, but the Cardinals are taking some precautionary measures. They have announced that they are skipping his next start, scheduled for Monday. Instead he’ll start again a week from today.
Wainwright underwent an MRI on his sore right elbow earlier this week that showed no ligament damage, and the St. Louis medical staff believes he’s dealing with something similar to tennis elbow.
In his absence, some other Cardinals pitcher will have to shut out the Mets Monday night. Because, c’mon, you know it’s gonna happen.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 130
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 258
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (258)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)