Jun 14, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Adam Waintwright says he’s feeling significantly better than he did before, but the Cardinals are taking some precautionary measures. They have announced that they are skipping his next start, scheduled for Monday. Instead he’ll start again a week from today.
Wainwright underwent an MRI on his sore right elbow earlier this week that showed no ligament damage, and the St. Louis medical staff believes he’s dealing with something similar to tennis elbow.
In his absence, some other Cardinals pitcher will have to shut out the Mets Monday night. Because, c’mon, you know it’s gonna happen.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)