Jun 14, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Adam Waintwright says he’s feeling significantly better than he did before, but the Cardinals are taking some precautionary measures. They have announced that they are skipping his next start, scheduled for Monday. Instead he’ll start again a week from today.
Wainwright underwent an MRI on his sore right elbow earlier this week that showed no ligament damage, and the St. Louis medical staff believes he’s dealing with something similar to tennis elbow.
In his absence, some other Cardinals pitcher will have to shut out the Mets Monday night. Because, c’mon, you know it’s gonna happen.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 23
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 62
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)