Jun 14, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Adam Waintwright says he’s feeling significantly better than he did before, but the Cardinals are taking some precautionary measures. They have announced that they are skipping his next start, scheduled for Monday. Instead he’ll start again a week from today.
Wainwright underwent an MRI on his sore right elbow earlier this week that showed no ligament damage, and the St. Louis medical staff believes he’s dealing with something similar to tennis elbow.
In his absence, some other Cardinals pitcher will have to shut out the Mets Monday night. Because, c’mon, you know it’s gonna happen.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39