Jun 14, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Curtis Granderson remains out of the Mets’ lineup this afternoon against the Padres. He has now missed three straight starts due to a left calf injury.
Granderson drew an intentional walk as a pinch-hitter in Thursday’s extra-inning loss to the Brewers, but he didn’t appear in last night’s series opener against the Padres. There hasn’t been any talk of a stint on the disabled list yet, but Mets manager Terry Collins doesn’t want to push him out there too soon and make things worse. The hope is that he’ll be ready to go in another day or so.
After signing a four-year, $60 million contract with the Mets over the winter, Granderson got off to a dreadful start with his new team, but he’s batting .273/.387/.461 with seven home runs and 25 RBI over his last 45 games. 40-year-old Bobby Abreu, who went 4-for-4 last night, will make his second straight start out of the cleanup spot with Granderson sidelined.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)