Jun 14, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
Their bullpen is still a hot mess, but the Tigers have finally figured out how to live in a post-Jose Iglesias world. After misfiring with Alex Gonzalez and getting way, way less-than-replacement offensive value from Andrew Romine, Eugenio Suarez has been exactly what the doctor ordered.
Suarez went 3 for 4 with two RBI and three runs scored in the Tigers’ 12-9 win over the Twins this afternoon.
He hit a solo homer and RBI double in the Tigers’ seven-run third inning, walked in the fifth inning, and then tripled to right field in the seventh.
So far Suarez is hitting .400/.500/1.000 with three home runs, and eight runs scored through his first eight major league games. Obviously that will fall way the heck off, but in a stretch where so much has gone wrong for the Tigers, they have to be happy something is going right.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)