Jun 14, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
Their bullpen is still a hot mess, but the Tigers have finally figured out how to live in a post-Jose Iglesias world. After misfiring with Alex Gonzalez and getting way, way less-than-replacement offensive value from Andrew Romine, Eugenio Suarez has been exactly what the doctor ordered.
Suarez went 3 for 4 with two RBI and three runs scored in the Tigers’ 12-9 win over the Twins this afternoon.
He hit a solo homer and RBI double in the Tigers’ seven-run third inning, walked in the fifth inning, and then tripled to right field in the seventh.
So far Suarez is hitting .400/.500/1.000 with three home runs, and eight runs scored through his first eight major league games. Obviously that will fall way the heck off, but in a stretch where so much has gone wrong for the Tigers, they have to be happy something is going right.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 37
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)