Jun 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins has long said that he wouldn’t consider waiving his 10-5 rights to veto a trade away from the Phillies. Back in March he softened that a bit, saying that if the team were going nowhere and were in last place, he’d consider it. Now that he has the team’s all-time hit record under his belt he was asked again, and once again, he seems like he’d OK a deal out of Philly. From Jim Salisbury at CSNPhilly.com:
Would he leave Philadelphia, the only big-league baseball home he has known?
Once again Saturday, he left the door open to the possibility.
“It really depends if everything is blown up,” he said. “Then you take that into consideration. If they blow everything up, then of course.”
So there’s that: Rollins has definitely softened his stance on being traded. He at least would listen to the possibility.
Rollins has taken a lot of heat from Philly fans for allegedly being selfish, with them claiming that his desire to break the Phillies’ all-time hit record put personal glory ahead of the team’s best interests. Setting aside the fact that Rollins has earned the right to play where he wants, how much do you wanna bet that the tune will soon change to “selfish Rollins only wants to play for a winner!”
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)