Jun 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins has long said that he wouldn’t consider waiving his 10-5 rights to veto a trade away from the Phillies. Back in March he softened that a bit, saying that if the team were going nowhere and were in last place, he’d consider it. Now that he has the team’s all-time hit record under his belt he was asked again, and once again, he seems like he’d OK a deal out of Philly. From Jim Salisbury at CSNPhilly.com:
Would he leave Philadelphia, the only big-league baseball home he has known?
Once again Saturday, he left the door open to the possibility.
“It really depends if everything is blown up,” he said. “Then you take that into consideration. If they blow everything up, then of course.”
So there’s that: Rollins has definitely softened his stance on being traded. He at least would listen to the possibility.
Rollins has taken a lot of heat from Philly fans for allegedly being selfish, with them claiming that his desire to break the Phillies’ all-time hit record put personal glory ahead of the team’s best interests. Setting aside the fact that Rollins has earned the right to play where he wants, how much do you wanna bet that the tune will soon change to “selfish Rollins only wants to play for a winner!”
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)