Jun 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins has long said that he wouldn’t consider waiving his 10-5 rights to veto a trade away from the Phillies. Back in March he softened that a bit, saying that if the team were going nowhere and were in last place, he’d consider it. Now that he has the team’s all-time hit record under his belt he was asked again, and once again, he seems like he’d OK a deal out of Philly. From Jim Salisbury at CSNPhilly.com:
Would he leave Philadelphia, the only big-league baseball home he has known?
Once again Saturday, he left the door open to the possibility.
“It really depends if everything is blown up,” he said. “Then you take that into consideration. If they blow everything up, then of course.”
So there’s that: Rollins has definitely softened his stance on being traded. He at least would listen to the possibility.
Rollins has taken a lot of heat from Philly fans for allegedly being selfish, with them claiming that his desire to break the Phillies’ all-time hit record put personal glory ahead of the team’s best interests. Setting aside the fact that Rollins has earned the right to play where he wants, how much do you wanna bet that the tune will soon change to “selfish Rollins only wants to play for a winner!”
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)