Jun 15, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez will return to the Nationals to make Wednesday’s start against the Astros, reports James Wagner of the Washington Post. Gonzalez has been absent from the starting rotation since May 18 with inflammation in his left shoulder.
Gonzalez posted better results in his latest rehab start with Single-A Potomac on Thursday, allowing one run over four innings. He had surrendered eight runs in 3 2/3 innings in his first rehab start.
On the season, the 28-year-old left-hander has posted a 4.62 ERA with a 53/20 K/BB ratio in 50 2/3 innings for the Nationals.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)