Jun 15, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez will return to the Nationals to make Wednesday’s start against the Astros, reports James Wagner of the Washington Post. Gonzalez has been absent from the starting rotation since May 18 with inflammation in his left shoulder.
Gonzalez posted better results in his latest rehab start with Single-A Potomac on Thursday, allowing one run over four innings. He had surrendered eight runs in 3 2/3 innings in his first rehab start.
On the season, the 28-year-old left-hander has posted a 4.62 ERA with a 53/20 K/BB ratio in 50 2/3 innings for the Nationals.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 1
- The Lester trade is a win-win 71
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 136
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (118)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)