Jun 15, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez will return to the Nationals to make Wednesday’s start against the Astros, reports James Wagner of the Washington Post. Gonzalez has been absent from the starting rotation since May 18 with inflammation in his left shoulder.
Gonzalez posted better results in his latest rehab start with Single-A Potomac on Thursday, allowing one run over four innings. He had surrendered eight runs in 3 2/3 innings in his first rehab start.
On the season, the 28-year-old left-hander has posted a 4.62 ERA with a 53/20 K/BB ratio in 50 2/3 innings for the Nationals.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39