Jun 15, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez will return to the Nationals to make Wednesday’s start against the Astros, reports James Wagner of the Washington Post. Gonzalez has been absent from the starting rotation since May 18 with inflammation in his left shoulder.
Gonzalez posted better results in his latest rehab start with Single-A Potomac on Thursday, allowing one run over four innings. He had surrendered eight runs in 3 2/3 innings in his first rehab start.
On the season, the 28-year-old left-hander has posted a 4.62 ERA with a 53/20 K/BB ratio in 50 2/3 innings for the Nationals.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)