Jun 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki sent a scare through the Rockies organization when he left Friday’s series opener against the Giants with a sprained right toe. But he underwent X-rays Saturday which turned up negative and is back in Colorado’s starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale — hitting third and playing shortstop.
Tulowitzki owns an outstanding .355/.447/.659 slash line with 14 home runs and 43 RBI through 66 games this season. If he stays healthy all year, he’ll likely be a strong candidate for National League MVP.
Tulo entered play Sunday with a commanding lead in fWAR.
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 0
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 338
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (338)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)