Jun 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki sent a scare through the Rockies organization when he left Friday’s series opener against the Giants with a sprained right toe. But he underwent X-rays Saturday which turned up negative and is back in Colorado’s starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale — hitting third and playing shortstop.
Tulowitzki owns an outstanding .355/.447/.659 slash line with 14 home runs and 43 RBI through 66 games this season. If he stays healthy all year, he’ll likely be a strong candidate for National League MVP.
Tulo entered play Sunday with a commanding lead in fWAR.
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 0
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 99
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 33
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)