Jun 15, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig and his companion in throwing out base runners, Yoenis Cespedes have made baseball a lot of fun to watch lately. Puig showed off his well-respected cannon of an arm once again during Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Diamondbacks.
With the bases empty and two outs in the top of the fifth inning, Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross dunked a weak line drive down the right field line, just inside the line in front of Yasiel Puig. The ball caromed towards the stands — and the ballboy — and Puig had to navigate an awkward bounce around the cluster of people in his vicinity. Puig barehanded the ball, then fired a cannon to shortstop Hanley Ramirez covering second base to nab Ross for the final out of the inning. Check it out.
We really need a throwing competition added to the All-Star Game festivities.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)