Jun 16, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
The Orioles could use an arm to bolster their rotation as they chase the Blue Jays. Dylan Bundy’s arm won’t be ready for a while, but after his first rehab start, it’s looking pretty good.
Bundy pitched for class-A Aberdeen yesterday, allowing one run on five hits over five innings of work while striking out six and walking no one. It is presumed that he’ll make several more rehab starts before the Orioles bring him up, but the 21-year-old Tommy John vet may be a second half x-factor for Baltimore.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)