Jun 16, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
The Orioles could use an arm to bolster their rotation as they chase the Blue Jays. Dylan Bundy’s arm won’t be ready for a while, but after his first rehab start, it’s looking pretty good.
Bundy pitched for class-A Aberdeen yesterday, allowing one run on five hits over five innings of work while striking out six and walking no one. It is presumed that he’ll make several more rehab starts before the Orioles bring him up, but the 21-year-old Tommy John vet may be a second half x-factor for Baltimore.
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 2
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)