Jun 16, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
The Orioles could use an arm to bolster their rotation as they chase the Blue Jays. Dylan Bundy’s arm won’t be ready for a while, but after his first rehab start, it’s looking pretty good.
Bundy pitched for class-A Aberdeen yesterday, allowing one run on five hits over five innings of work while striking out six and walking no one. It is presumed that he’ll make several more rehab starts before the Orioles bring him up, but the 21-year-old Tommy John vet may be a second half x-factor for Baltimore.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (239)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)