Jun 16, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
The Orioles could use an arm to bolster their rotation as they chase the Blue Jays. Dylan Bundy’s arm won’t be ready for a while, but after his first rehab start, it’s looking pretty good.
Bundy pitched for class-A Aberdeen yesterday, allowing one run on five hits over five innings of work while striking out six and walking no one. It is presumed that he’ll make several more rehab starts before the Orioles bring him up, but the 21-year-old Tommy John vet may be a second half x-factor for Baltimore.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 29
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 8
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15