Jun 16, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Cuban outfielder Daniel Carbonell has agreed to a four-year, $3.5 million contract with the Giants.
Carbonell is 23 years old and defected from Cuba in October. Previous reports had him looking for a four-year deal instead of the longer contracts various teams were offering, so it looks like Carbonell got his wish.
A switch-hitter with very good speed and what has so far at least been a modest bat, he could potentially make relatively quick work of the minor leagues and become an option for the Giants in 2015.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)