Jun 16, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Cuban outfielder Daniel Carbonell has agreed to a four-year, $3.5 million contract with the Giants.
Carbonell is 23 years old and defected from Cuba in October. Previous reports had him looking for a four-year deal instead of the longer contracts various teams were offering, so it looks like Carbonell got his wish.
A switch-hitter with very good speed and what has so far at least been a modest bat, he could potentially make relatively quick work of the minor leagues and become an option for the Giants in 2015.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)