Jun 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Logan Morrison had to leave yesterday’s game against the Rangers after he smashed his bat up against the dugout wall in frustration following a pop-up and one of the pieces broke off and hit him above the left eye. It was an ill-advised and embarrassing moment for Morrison, who required five stitches as a result. However, the good news is that he won’t have to miss any time.
Morrison will bat sixth and start at first base tonight against the Padres. Mariners fans will have to do hope that he’ll think twice before letting his temper get the best of him in the future.
Morrison, who was acquired from the Marlins over the winter, just came off the disabled list last week following a hamstring injury. The 26-year-old is hitting just .126 (5-for-37) with one home run and a .443 OPS through 13 games this season.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)