Jun 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Logan Morrison had to leave yesterday’s game against the Rangers after he smashed his bat up against the dugout wall in frustration following a pop-up and one of the pieces broke off and hit him above the left eye. It was an ill-advised and embarrassing moment for Morrison, who required five stitches as a result. However, the good news is that he won’t have to miss any time.
Morrison will bat sixth and start at first base tonight against the Padres. Mariners fans will have to do hope that he’ll think twice before letting his temper get the best of him in the future.
Morrison, who was acquired from the Marlins over the winter, just came off the disabled list last week following a hamstring injury. The 26-year-old is hitting just .126 (5-for-37) with one home run and a .443 OPS through 13 games this season.
- Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 0
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (106)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)