Jun 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Logan Morrison had to leave yesterday’s game against the Rangers after he smashed his bat up against the dugout wall in frustration following a pop-up and one of the pieces broke off and hit him above the left eye. It was an ill-advised and embarrassing moment for Morrison, who required five stitches as a result. However, the good news is that he won’t have to miss any time.
Morrison will bat sixth and start at first base tonight against the Padres. Mariners fans will have to do hope that he’ll think twice before letting his temper get the best of him in the future.
Morrison, who was acquired from the Marlins over the winter, just came off the disabled list last week following a hamstring injury. The 26-year-old is hitting just .126 (5-for-37) with one home run and a .443 OPS through 13 games this season.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)