Jun 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Logan Morrison had to leave yesterday’s game against the Rangers after he smashed his bat up against the dugout wall in frustration following a pop-up and one of the pieces broke off and hit him above the left eye. It was an ill-advised and embarrassing moment for Morrison, who required five stitches as a result. However, the good news is that he won’t have to miss any time.
Morrison will bat sixth and start at first base tonight against the Padres. Mariners fans will have to do hope that he’ll think twice before letting his temper get the best of him in the future.
Morrison, who was acquired from the Marlins over the winter, just came off the disabled list last week following a hamstring injury. The 26-year-old is hitting just .126 (5-for-37) with one home run and a .443 OPS through 13 games this season.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)