Jun 16, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Turner posted a nice-looking 3.74 ERA in 20 starts for the Marlins last season as a 22-year-old, but his 77/54 K/BB ratio in 118 innings was less impressive and this season he’s got a 6.38 ERA in nine starts.
Turner is just 23 years old and was a top prospect himself not so long ago–the Marlins acquired him from the Tigers as part of the Anibel Sanchez trade in mid-2012–so he’ll almost surely get another crack in the rotation soon enough.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)