Jun 16, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Turner posted a nice-looking 3.74 ERA in 20 starts for the Marlins last season as a 22-year-old, but his 77/54 K/BB ratio in 118 innings was less impressive and this season he’s got a 6.38 ERA in nine starts.
Turner is just 23 years old and was a top prospect himself not so long ago–the Marlins acquired him from the Tigers as part of the Anibel Sanchez trade in mid-2012–so he’ll almost surely get another crack in the rotation soon enough.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)