Jun 16, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Turner posted a nice-looking 3.74 ERA in 20 starts for the Marlins last season as a 22-year-old, but his 77/54 K/BB ratio in 118 innings was less impressive and this season he’s got a 6.38 ERA in nine starts.
Turner is just 23 years old and was a top prospect himself not so long ago–the Marlins acquired him from the Tigers as part of the Anibel Sanchez trade in mid-2012–so he’ll almost surely get another crack in the rotation soon enough.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)