Jun 16, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
We’re used to seeing tape-measure home runs from Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton, but this opposite-field two-run laser off Cubs right-hander Jason Hammel in the first inning this evening might be more impressive:
I’d really love to know the exit-velocity on that one. It was gone in just under three seconds. What a rocket.
With tonight’s laser beam, Stanton moved in front of Colorado’s Troy Tulowitzki for the National League lead with 19 home runs. He’s also tops with 56 RBI.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)