Jun 16, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Back in February, Hank the Dog was just some stray in a blighted part of Phoenix. Now he’s such a big shot people are willing pay hundreds of dollars for his dirty dishes. From the MLB Auctions site:
You are bidding on Hank the Ballpark Pup’s Milwaukee Brewers dog bowl. Hank made a special appearance at the Brewers versus Pirates game on May 14, 2014 and kindly had his dog bowl authenticated for us, once he was done using it of course. This dog bowl is authenticated as “Hank Used” with MLB hologram number HZ180144 and 20% of the proceeds will be donated to the Wisconsin Humane Society.
And you thought Tanaka’s folding chair was an esoteric pice of memorabilia.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 33
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)