Jun 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
A somewhat scary moment in last night’s Indians-Angels tilt, as Michael Brantley was removed from the game after taking a knee to the head while trying to break up a double play.
The team said that Brantley passed all the initial concussion tests. His neck was stiff, however, and their taking him out of the game was done a precautionary measure.
Brantley has been the Indians best all-around player this year so any time without him would be most unwelcome. For now the news seems to be cautiously optimistic.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)