Jun 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
A somewhat scary moment in last night’s Indians-Angels tilt, as Michael Brantley was removed from the game after taking a knee to the head while trying to break up a double play.
The team said that Brantley passed all the initial concussion tests. His neck was stiff, however, and their taking him out of the game was done a precautionary measure.
Brantley has been the Indians best all-around player this year so any time without him would be most unwelcome. For now the news seems to be cautiously optimistic.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 9
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 79
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)