Jun 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
A somewhat scary moment in last night’s Indians-Angels tilt, as Michael Brantley was removed from the game after taking a knee to the head while trying to break up a double play.
The team said that Brantley passed all the initial concussion tests. His neck was stiff, however, and their taking him out of the game was done a precautionary measure.
Brantley has been the Indians best all-around player this year so any time without him would be most unwelcome. For now the news seems to be cautiously optimistic.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)