Jun 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
A somewhat scary moment in last night’s Indians-Angels tilt, as Michael Brantley was removed from the game after taking a knee to the head while trying to break up a double play.
The team said that Brantley passed all the initial concussion tests. His neck was stiff, however, and their taking him out of the game was done a precautionary measure.
Brantley has been the Indians best all-around player this year so any time without him would be most unwelcome. For now the news seems to be cautiously optimistic.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)