Jun 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
A somewhat scary moment in last night’s Indians-Angels tilt, as Michael Brantley was removed from the game after taking a knee to the head while trying to break up a double play.
The team said that Brantley passed all the initial concussion tests. His neck was stiff, however, and their taking him out of the game was done a precautionary measure.
Brantley has been the Indians best all-around player this year so any time without him would be most unwelcome. For now the news seems to be cautiously optimistic.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 12
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 214
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 139
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (214)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)