Jun 17, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
There was speculation that the Orioles would send prospect Kevin Gausman back to the minors once Miguel Gonzalez was healthy, but today they activated Gonzalez from the disabled list and decided to keep Gausman around.
Instead they’ll send out Josh Stinson, who was designated for assignment. Gausman has turned in back-to-back impressive starts in place of Gonzalez, who was sidelined with a strained oblique muscle.
Obviously the Orioles are hoping that Gausman has finally found his groove versus big leaguers, because the former No. 4 overall pick has big-time upside and a mid-90s fastball.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 1
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)