Jun 17, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
There was speculation that the Orioles would send prospect Kevin Gausman back to the minors once Miguel Gonzalez was healthy, but today they activated Gonzalez from the disabled list and decided to keep Gausman around.
Instead they’ll send out Josh Stinson, who was designated for assignment. Gausman has turned in back-to-back impressive starts in place of Gonzalez, who was sidelined with a strained oblique muscle.
Obviously the Orioles are hoping that Gausman has finally found his groove versus big leaguers, because the former No. 4 overall pick has big-time upside and a mid-90s fastball.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (270)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)