Jun 17, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
There was speculation that the Orioles would send prospect Kevin Gausman back to the minors once Miguel Gonzalez was healthy, but today they activated Gonzalez from the disabled list and decided to keep Gausman around.
Instead they’ll send out Josh Stinson, who was designated for assignment. Gausman has turned in back-to-back impressive starts in place of Gonzalez, who was sidelined with a strained oblique muscle.
Obviously the Orioles are hoping that Gausman has finally found his groove versus big leaguers, because the former No. 4 overall pick has big-time upside and a mid-90s fastball.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)