Jun 17, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
There was speculation that the Orioles would send prospect Kevin Gausman back to the minors once Miguel Gonzalez was healthy, but today they activated Gonzalez from the disabled list and decided to keep Gausman around.
Instead they’ll send out Josh Stinson, who was designated for assignment. Gausman has turned in back-to-back impressive starts in place of Gonzalez, who was sidelined with a strained oblique muscle.
Obviously the Orioles are hoping that Gausman has finally found his groove versus big leaguers, because the former No. 4 overall pick has big-time upside and a mid-90s fastball.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)