Jun 17, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
There was speculation that the Orioles would send prospect Kevin Gausman back to the minors once Miguel Gonzalez was healthy, but today they activated Gonzalez from the disabled list and decided to keep Gausman around.
Instead they’ll send out Josh Stinson, who was designated for assignment. Gausman has turned in back-to-back impressive starts in place of Gonzalez, who was sidelined with a strained oblique muscle.
Obviously the Orioles are hoping that Gausman has finally found his groove versus big leaguers, because the former No. 4 overall pick has big-time upside and a mid-90s fastball.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)