Jun 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Clay Rapada hasn’t pitched in the bigs since last September. Indeed, he only pitched four games all last season and they were all in September. But he does throw with this left arm, and when you do that you’re never really dead in baseball. That’s about Rapada too: the Orioles have signed him to a minor league deal.
It’s lefties or nothing for Rapada, who kills ‘em. Meanwhile, right-handed hitters are basically all Albert Pujols-in-his-prime against him. Overall, he’s got a 4.06 ERA in 93 major league innings for five teams.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)