Jun 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Clay Rapada hasn’t pitched in the bigs since last September. Indeed, he only pitched four games all last season and they were all in September. But he does throw with this left arm, and when you do that you’re never really dead in baseball. That’s about Rapada too: the Orioles have signed him to a minor league deal.
It’s lefties or nothing for Rapada, who kills ’em. Meanwhile, right-handed hitters are basically all Albert Pujols-in-his-prime against him. Overall, he’s got a 4.06 ERA in 93 major league innings for five teams.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 7
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)