Jun 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Clay Rapada hasn’t pitched in the bigs since last September. Indeed, he only pitched four games all last season and they were all in September. But he does throw with this left arm, and when you do that you’re never really dead in baseball. That’s about Rapada too: the Orioles have signed him to a minor league deal.
It’s lefties or nothing for Rapada, who kills ‘em. Meanwhile, right-handed hitters are basically all Albert Pujols-in-his-prime against him. Overall, he’s got a 4.06 ERA in 93 major league innings for five teams.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)