Jun 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Clay Rapada hasn’t pitched in the bigs since last September. Indeed, he only pitched four games all last season and they were all in September. But he does throw with this left arm, and when you do that you’re never really dead in baseball. That’s about Rapada too: the Orioles have signed him to a minor league deal.
It’s lefties or nothing for Rapada, who kills ’em. Meanwhile, right-handed hitters are basically all Albert Pujols-in-his-prime against him. Overall, he’s got a 4.06 ERA in 93 major league innings for five teams.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (217)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)