Jun 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Clay Rapada hasn’t pitched in the bigs since last September. Indeed, he only pitched four games all last season and they were all in September. But he does throw with this left arm, and when you do that you’re never really dead in baseball. That’s about Rapada too: the Orioles have signed him to a minor league deal.
It’s lefties or nothing for Rapada, who kills ‘em. Meanwhile, right-handed hitters are basically all Albert Pujols-in-his-prime against him. Overall, he’s got a 4.06 ERA in 93 major league innings for five teams.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 34
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)