Jun 18, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
Watch as Gregory Polanco smacks a fifth-inning RBI single Wednesday night against the Reds, becoming the first rookie in the long history of the Pirates to hit safely in each of his first eight games …
As noted in that highlight, the previous record of seven straight was held by Roberto Clemente.
Polanco, 22, is batting .385/.429/.487 with six RBI through his first eight games in the major leagues.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20