Jun 18, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was removed in the seventh inning of Tuesday’s 4-2 win over the Rockies after taking a line drive off his right ring finger. But X-rays turned up negative and he is back in action for Wednesday night’s series finale versus Colorado according to the Dodgers’ Twitter feed.
Ramirez slugged his 11th home run of the season before leaving Tuesday’s game and owns an .812 OPS with 42 RBI in 68 games played this season.
Los Angeles opens play on Wednesday night trailing the Giants by 4 1/2 games in the NL West.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 1
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 67
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)