Jun 18, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was removed in the seventh inning of Tuesday’s 4-2 win over the Rockies after taking a line drive off his right ring finger. But X-rays turned up negative and he is back in action for Wednesday night’s series finale versus Colorado according to the Dodgers’ Twitter feed.
Ramirez slugged his 11th home run of the season before leaving Tuesday’s game and owns an .812 OPS with 42 RBI in 68 games played this season.
Los Angeles opens play on Wednesday night trailing the Giants by 4 1/2 games in the NL West.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)