Jun 18, 2014, 7:13 PM EST
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was removed in the seventh inning of Tuesday’s 4-2 win over the Rockies after taking a line drive off his right ring finger. But X-rays turned up negative and he is back in action for Wednesday night’s series finale versus Colorado according to the Dodgers’ Twitter feed.
Ramirez slugged his 11th home run of the season before leaving Tuesday’s game and owns an .812 OPS with 42 RBI in 68 games played this season.
Los Angeles opens play on Wednesday night trailing the Giants by 4 1/2 games in the NL West.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (341)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)