Jun 18, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was removed in the seventh inning of Tuesday’s 4-2 win over the Rockies after taking a line drive off his right ring finger. But X-rays turned up negative and he is back in action for Wednesday night’s series finale versus Colorado according to the Dodgers’ Twitter feed.
Ramirez slugged his 11th home run of the season before leaving Tuesday’s game and owns an .812 OPS with 42 RBI in 68 games played this season.
Los Angeles opens play on Wednesday night trailing the Giants by 4 1/2 games in the NL West.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)