Jun 18, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was removed in the seventh inning of Tuesday’s 4-2 win over the Rockies after taking a line drive off his right ring finger. But X-rays turned up negative and he is back in action for Wednesday night’s series finale versus Colorado according to the Dodgers’ Twitter feed.
Ramirez slugged his 11th home run of the season before leaving Tuesday’s game and owns an .812 OPS with 42 RBI in 68 games played this season.
Los Angeles opens play on Wednesday night trailing the Giants by 4 1/2 games in the NL West.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 51
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)