Jun 18, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Hanley Ramirez hit a bubble-inducing homer last night, but then the night got worse for him: he left the game in the seventh inning with a bruised right finger after taking a sharp grounder off his hand. The Dodgers said X-rays were negative and that Ramirez’s status was day to day.
This is not the first time Ramirez has had issues with that hand. He tore a tendon in the thumb of the same hand diving for a ball in the World Baseball Classic in 2013.
After the game, Don Mattingly said that Ramirez would likely miss “a couple of games,” but you never know with “day-to-day.”
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (96)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)