Jun 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Outman was acquired from the Rockies this offseason in exchange for outfielder Drew Stubbs and then avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1.25 million deal. He did the job of a left-handed specialist by holding left-handed hitters to a .180 batting average. He also had a 3.28 ERA overall, but Outman handed out 16 walks in 25 innings and right-handers batted .295 off him.
Considering he’s only owed about $750,000 for the remainder of the season Outman seems likely to draw interest on the waiver wire as various teams consider him for a middle relief role.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)