Jun 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Outman was acquired from the Rockies this offseason in exchange for outfielder Drew Stubbs and then avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1.25 million deal. He did the job of a left-handed specialist by holding left-handed hitters to a .180 batting average. He also had a 3.28 ERA overall, but Outman handed out 16 walks in 25 innings and right-handers batted .295 off him.
Considering he’s only owed about $750,000 for the remainder of the season Outman seems likely to draw interest on the waiver wire as various teams consider him for a middle relief role.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)