Jun 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Outman was acquired from the Rockies this offseason in exchange for outfielder Drew Stubbs and then avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1.25 million deal. He did the job of a left-handed specialist by holding left-handed hitters to a .180 batting average. He also had a 3.28 ERA overall, but Outman handed out 16 walks in 25 innings and right-handers batted .295 off him.
Considering he’s only owed about $750,000 for the remainder of the season Outman seems likely to draw interest on the waiver wire as various teams consider him for a middle relief role.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)