Jun 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Outman was acquired from the Rockies this offseason in exchange for outfielder Drew Stubbs and then avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1.25 million deal. He did the job of a left-handed specialist by holding left-handed hitters to a .180 batting average. He also had a 3.28 ERA overall, but Outman handed out 16 walks in 25 innings and right-handers batted .295 off him.
Considering he’s only owed about $750,000 for the remainder of the season Outman seems likely to draw interest on the waiver wire as various teams consider him for a middle relief role.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 3
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 81
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)