Jun 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Outman was acquired from the Rockies this offseason in exchange for outfielder Drew Stubbs and then avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1.25 million deal. He did the job of a left-handed specialist by holding left-handed hitters to a .180 batting average. He also had a 3.28 ERA overall, but Outman handed out 16 walks in 25 innings and right-handers batted .295 off him.
Considering he’s only owed about $750,000 for the remainder of the season Outman seems likely to draw interest on the waiver wire as various teams consider him for a middle relief role.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)