Jun 18, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
But he is expected to avoid the disabled list.
Indians manager Terry Francona told MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian on Wednesday that Brantley has been “passing tests each day” and could return to the starting lineup Saturday night against the Tigers. Brantley is expected to go through a workout Thursday to determine whether he’s fully symptom-free.
The 27-year-old has been a breakout star in the early going this season, boasting a .323/.391/.519 batting line with 11 home runs and 46 RBI in 69 games. Brantley has also tallied nine stolen bases in nine attempts.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)