Jun 18, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
But he is expected to avoid the disabled list.
Indians manager Terry Francona told MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian on Wednesday that Brantley has been “passing tests each day” and could return to the starting lineup Saturday night against the Tigers. Brantley is expected to go through a workout Thursday to determine whether he’s fully symptom-free.
The 27-year-old has been a breakout star in the early going this season, boasting a .323/.391/.519 batting line with 11 home runs and 46 RBI in 69 games. Brantley has also tallied nine stolen bases in nine attempts.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)