Jun 18, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
But he is expected to avoid the disabled list.
Indians manager Terry Francona told MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian on Wednesday that Brantley has been “passing tests each day” and could return to the starting lineup Saturday night against the Tigers. Brantley is expected to go through a workout Thursday to determine whether he’s fully symptom-free.
The 27-year-old has been a breakout star in the early going this season, boasting a .323/.391/.519 batting line with 11 home runs and 46 RBI in 69 games. Brantley has also tallied nine stolen bases in nine attempts.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 0
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)