Jun 18, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Gonzalez ended up missing exactly one month with inflammation in his shoulder and returns after a pair of minor-league rehab starts–one good and one pretty ugly.
Prior to being shut down he started nine games with a 4.62 ERA, but his 53/20 K/BB ratio was much closer to his career norms and suggested the 28-year-old two-time All-Star pitched better than the bloated ERA indicated.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 2
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 177
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (179)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)