Jun 18, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Gonzalez ended up missing exactly one month with inflammation in his shoulder and returns after a pair of minor-league rehab starts–one good and one pretty ugly.
Prior to being shut down he started nine games with a 4.62 ERA, but his 53/20 K/BB ratio was much closer to his career norms and suggested the 28-year-old two-time All-Star pitched better than the bloated ERA indicated.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)