Jun 18, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Gonzalez ended up missing exactly one month with inflammation in his shoulder and returns after a pair of minor-league rehab starts–one good and one pretty ugly.
Prior to being shut down he started nine games with a 4.62 ERA, but his 53/20 K/BB ratio was much closer to his career norms and suggested the 28-year-old two-time All-Star pitched better than the bloated ERA indicated.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 38
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)