Jun 18, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
That means he’s now a free agent and able to sign with any team for any salary, presumably leading to a minor-league contract and a stint at Triple-A somewhere in the near future. It’s not surprising that the Red Sox couldn’t find taker for him via trade.
Sizemore’s nice start with the Red Sox quickly turned sour, as he hit just .187 with zero homers and a .530 OPS in his final 43 games. He’s still just 31 years old, but Sizemore hasn’t been healthy and effective in the same season since way back in 2009 and has been one of the worst regulars in the league this year.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 47
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 73
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)