Jun 19, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Cody Asche has been out for a month with a hamstring injury, but the Phillies are expected to activate the third baseman from the disabled list Friday.
Asche showed that he’s ready by going 5-for-6 with a home run in two minor-league rehab games at Triple-A. Before the injury he hit .258 with four homers and a .771 OPS in 40 games, improving upon his rookie OPS by 80 points.
He’ll resume starting every day at third base for Philadelphia, which has been using Reid Brignac as the primary fill-in.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)