Jun 19, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Cody Asche has been out for a month with a hamstring injury, but the Phillies are expected to activate the third baseman from the disabled list Friday.
Asche showed that he’s ready by going 5-for-6 with a home run in two minor-league rehab games at Triple-A. Before the injury he hit .258 with four homers and a .771 OPS in 40 games, improving upon his rookie OPS by 80 points.
He’ll resume starting every day at third base for Philadelphia, which has been using Reid Brignac as the primary fill-in.
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 1
- The beauty of belief 23
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)