Jun 19, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
David DeJesus has been one of the Rays’ few productive hitters this season, but now the veteran outfielder will be out of the lineup for a while with a fractured hand suffered Wednesday on a check swing.
DeJesus, who was acquired from the Nationals late last season, has hit .269 with five homers and an .806 OPS that leads the team.
Tampa Bay activated outfielder Brandon Guyer from the disabled list to replace DeJesus on the roster and he could get his first extended opportunity in the majors after putting up solid numbers at Triple-A.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)