Jun 19, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Tony Campana’s walk-off single gave the Diamondbacks a win over the Brewers last night and his reward is a demotion to Triple-A about 15 hours later.
Arizona optioned Campana back to Reno, where he’s played most of the past two seasons while hitting .290 with a .350 on-base percentage and limited power.
Don’t get me wrong: I’m not arguing that Campana deserves to stay in the majors just because he delivered a walk-off hit yesterday. That hit improved his batting average to .150 in 26 games for the Diamondbacks, after all. Still, gotta be a tough adjustment going to bed giddy and waking up to this news.
At least there are a bunch of cool pictures of teammates dumping various stuff on him during the walk-off celebration.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)