Jun 19, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Tony Campana’s walk-off single gave the Diamondbacks a win over the Brewers last night and his reward is a demotion to Triple-A about 15 hours later.
Arizona optioned Campana back to Reno, where he’s played most of the past two seasons while hitting .290 with a .350 on-base percentage and limited power.
Don’t get me wrong: I’m not arguing that Campana deserves to stay in the majors just because he delivered a walk-off hit yesterday. That hit improved his batting average to .150 in 26 games for the Diamondbacks, after all. Still, gotta be a tough adjustment going to bed giddy and waking up to this news.
At least there are a bunch of cool pictures of teammates dumping various stuff on him during the walk-off celebration.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)