Jun 19, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Tony Campana’s walk-off single gave the Diamondbacks a win over the Brewers last night and his reward is a demotion to Triple-A about 15 hours later.
Arizona optioned Campana back to Reno, where he’s played most of the past two seasons while hitting .290 with a .350 on-base percentage and limited power.
Don’t get me wrong: I’m not arguing that Campana deserves to stay in the majors just because he delivered a walk-off hit yesterday. That hit improved his batting average to .150 in 26 games for the Diamondbacks, after all. Still, gotta be a tough adjustment going to bed giddy and waking up to this news.
At least there are a bunch of cool pictures of teammates dumping various stuff on him during the walk-off celebration.
- The beauty of belief 21
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)