Jun 19, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Tony Campana’s walk-off single gave the Diamondbacks a win over the Brewers last night and his reward is a demotion to Triple-A about 15 hours later.
Arizona optioned Campana back to Reno, where he’s played most of the past two seasons while hitting .290 with a .350 on-base percentage and limited power.
Don’t get me wrong: I’m not arguing that Campana deserves to stay in the majors just because he delivered a walk-off hit yesterday. That hit improved his batting average to .150 in 26 games for the Diamondbacks, after all. Still, gotta be a tough adjustment going to bed giddy and waking up to this news.
At least there are a bunch of cool pictures of teammates dumping various stuff on him during the walk-off celebration.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)