Jun 19, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Tony Campana’s walk-off single gave the Diamondbacks a win over the Brewers last night and his reward is a demotion to Triple-A about 15 hours later.
Arizona optioned Campana back to Reno, where he’s played most of the past two seasons while hitting .290 with a .350 on-base percentage and limited power.
Don’t get me wrong: I’m not arguing that Campana deserves to stay in the majors just because he delivered a walk-off hit yesterday. That hit improved his batting average to .150 in 26 games for the Diamondbacks, after all. Still, gotta be a tough adjustment going to bed giddy and waking up to this news.
At least there are a bunch of cool pictures of teammates dumping various stuff on him during the walk-off celebration.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)