Jun 20, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
This offseason Vinnie Pestano lost his arbitration case to the Indians and then he got demoted to Triple-A in mid-April after just three appearances, but the once-elite setup man has now been called back up to Cleveland.
Pestano earned the promotion by posting a 1.78 ERA and 32/7 K/BB ratio in 25 innings at Triple-A, where he looked very much like the guy who had a 2.82 ERA and 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings for the Indians from 2010-2013.
Prior to the demotion Pestano’s fastball velocity was way down into the high-80s and he battled elbow problems in 2013, so that’ll be something to keep an eye on as he tries to reestablish himself as a late-inning bullpen option for the Indians.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)