Jun 20, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It’s not exactly ideal timing considering his recent suspension and overall struggles this season, but Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has his own brand of salsa coming out, to be revealed Tuesday.
Here’s more from the Baltimore Sun:
Machado will be formally unveiling his Machado’s Salsa brand on Tuesday afternoon at 12:45 p.m. at the Pikesville Giant, located at 3757 Old Court Road … The salsas, which come in mild and medium flavors, will be available exclusively at area Giant stores, and appears to be a limited run.
The salsa is a product of PLB Sports, which appears to have the market cornered on celebrity-endorsed food products. Their client list includes Patriots’ star Rob Gronkowski (Gronk Flakes), Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia (black bean salsa), and Steelers’ Brett “The Diesel” Kiesel salsa.
Not really a great sign for a salsa when it comes in only “mild” and “medium.” But whatever. You can order it online here.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)