Jun 20, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It’s not exactly ideal timing considering his recent suspension and overall struggles this season, but Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has his own brand of salsa coming out, to be revealed Tuesday.
Here’s more from the Baltimore Sun:
Machado will be formally unveiling his Machado’s Salsa brand on Tuesday afternoon at 12:45 p.m. at the Pikesville Giant, located at 3757 Old Court Road … The salsas, which come in mild and medium flavors, will be available exclusively at area Giant stores, and appears to be a limited run.
The salsa is a product of PLB Sports, which appears to have the market cornered on celebrity-endorsed food products. Their client list includes Patriots’ star Rob Gronkowski (Gronk Flakes), Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia (black bean salsa), and Steelers’ Brett “The Diesel” Kiesel salsa.
Not really a great sign for a salsa when it comes in only “mild” and “medium.” But whatever. You can order it online here.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)