Jun 20, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It’s not exactly ideal timing considering his recent suspension and overall struggles this season, but Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has his own brand of salsa coming out, to be revealed Tuesday.
Here’s more from the Baltimore Sun:
Machado will be formally unveiling his Machado’s Salsa brand on Tuesday afternoon at 12:45 p.m. at the Pikesville Giant, located at 3757 Old Court Road … The salsas, which come in mild and medium flavors, will be available exclusively at area Giant stores, and appears to be a limited run.
The salsa is a product of PLB Sports, which appears to have the market cornered on celebrity-endorsed food products. Their client list includes Patriots’ star Rob Gronkowski (Gronk Flakes), Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia (black bean salsa), and Steelers’ Brett “The Diesel” Kiesel salsa.
Not really a great sign for a salsa when it comes in only “mild” and “medium.” But whatever. You can order it online here.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)