Jun 20, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It’s not exactly ideal timing considering his recent suspension and overall struggles this season, but Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has his own brand of salsa coming out, to be revealed Tuesday.
Here’s more from the Baltimore Sun:
Machado will be formally unveiling his Machado’s Salsa brand on Tuesday afternoon at 12:45 p.m. at the Pikesville Giant, located at 3757 Old Court Road … The salsas, which come in mild and medium flavors, will be available exclusively at area Giant stores, and appears to be a limited run.
The salsa is a product of PLB Sports, which appears to have the market cornered on celebrity-endorsed food products. Their client list includes Patriots’ star Rob Gronkowski (Gronk Flakes), Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia (black bean salsa), and Steelers’ Brett “The Diesel” Kiesel salsa.
Not really a great sign for a salsa when it comes in only “mild” and “medium.” But whatever. You can order it online here.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)