Jun 20, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It’s not exactly ideal timing considering his recent suspension and overall struggles this season, but Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has his own brand of salsa coming out, to be revealed Tuesday.
Here’s more from the Baltimore Sun:
Machado will be formally unveiling his Machado’s Salsa brand on Tuesday afternoon at 12:45 p.m. at the Pikesville Giant, located at 3757 Old Court Road … The salsas, which come in mild and medium flavors, will be available exclusively at area Giant stores, and appears to be a limited run.
The salsa is a product of PLB Sports, which appears to have the market cornered on celebrity-endorsed food products. Their client list includes Patriots’ star Rob Gronkowski (Gronk Flakes), Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia (black bean salsa), and Steelers’ Brett “The Diesel” Kiesel salsa.
Not really a great sign for a salsa when it comes in only “mild” and “medium.” But whatever. You can order it online here.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)