Jun 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Alex Wood spent the first two years of his Braves career as a swingman and had a lot of success doing that. He was sent down ten days ago, however, in order to stretch him out to become a full-time starter. Hope he stretched fast, because it’s being reported that it will be Wood who will take over for Gavin Floyd, who broke his elbow in last night’s win over the Nationals.
Wood posted a 3.00 ERA in seven starts with the Braves earlier this season and he has a 3.26 ERA and 140 strikeouts in 138 innings overall, split between starting and work out of the pen. Now it’s full-time rotation duty.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)