Jun 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Alex Wood spent the first two years of his Braves career as a swingman and had a lot of success doing that. He was sent down ten days ago, however, in order to stretch him out to become a full-time starter. Hope he stretched fast, because it’s being reported that it will be Wood who will take over for Gavin Floyd, who broke his elbow in last night’s win over the Nationals.
Wood posted a 3.00 ERA in seven starts with the Braves earlier this season and he has a 3.26 ERA and 140 strikeouts in 138 innings overall, split between starting and work out of the pen. Now it’s full-time rotation duty.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)