Jun 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Alex Wood spent the first two years of his Braves career as a swingman and had a lot of success doing that. He was sent down ten days ago, however, in order to stretch him out to become a full-time starter. Hope he stretched fast, because it’s being reported that it will be Wood who will take over for Gavin Floyd, who broke his elbow in last night’s win over the Nationals.
Wood posted a 3.00 ERA in seven starts with the Braves earlier this season and he has a 3.26 ERA and 140 strikeouts in 138 innings overall, split between starting and work out of the pen. Now it’s full-time rotation duty.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39