Jun 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Alex Wood spent the first two years of his Braves career as a swingman and had a lot of success doing that. He was sent down ten days ago, however, in order to stretch him out to become a full-time starter. Hope he stretched fast, because it’s being reported that it will be Wood who will take over for Gavin Floyd, who broke his elbow in last night’s win over the Nationals.
Wood posted a 3.00 ERA in seven starts with the Braves earlier this season and he has a 3.26 ERA and 140 strikeouts in 138 innings overall, split between starting and work out of the pen. Now it’s full-time rotation duty.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (94)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)