Jun 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Alex Wood spent the first two years of his Braves career as a swingman and had a lot of success doing that. He was sent down ten days ago, however, in order to stretch him out to become a full-time starter. Hope he stretched fast, because it’s being reported that it will be Wood who will take over for Gavin Floyd, who broke his elbow in last night’s win over the Nationals.
Wood posted a 3.00 ERA in seven starts with the Braves earlier this season and he has a 3.26 ERA and 140 strikeouts in 138 innings overall, split between starting and work out of the pen. Now it’s full-time rotation duty.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 8
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)