Jun 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. He’ll begin his road back to the majors with Single-A Potomac. Harper has been out since April 26 when he tore his ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb sliding head-first into third base.
Harper, 21, went on the DL with a .289/.352/.422 slash line along with one home run and nine runs batted in. His goal has been to rejoin the Nationals by the start of July. The Nationals intend to move Ryan Zimmerman back to third base when Harper returns.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 14
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 62
- The Lester trade is a win-win 105
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 160
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)