Jun 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. He’ll begin his road back to the majors with Single-A Potomac. Harper has been out since April 26 when he tore his ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb sliding head-first into third base.
Harper, 21, went on the DL with a .289/.352/.422 slash line along with one home run and nine runs batted in. His goal has been to rejoin the Nationals by the start of July. The Nationals intend to move Ryan Zimmerman back to third base when Harper returns.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 15
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 71
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 13
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 92
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)