Jun 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. He’ll begin his road back to the majors with Single-A Potomac. Harper has been out since April 26 when he tore his ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb sliding head-first into third base.
Harper, 21, went on the DL with a .289/.352/.422 slash line along with one home run and nine runs batted in. His goal has been to rejoin the Nationals by the start of July. The Nationals intend to move Ryan Zimmerman back to third base when Harper returns.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)