Jun 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Norris held the Yankees to one run on three hits and two walks while striking out four over five innings. Manager Buck Showalter brought in reliever Ryan Webb to begin the sixth inning. On the season, Norris has a 3.62 ERA with a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings.
The Orioles recently sent down Kevin Gausman, but they plan to use him and Norris in both games in Friday’s double-header against the Rays. The O’s will need to find someone else to replace Norris if he needs to miss a start or go on the disabled list.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)