Jun 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Norris held the Yankees to one run on three hits and two walks while striking out four over five innings. Manager Buck Showalter brought in reliever Ryan Webb to begin the sixth inning. On the season, Norris has a 3.62 ERA with a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings.
The Orioles recently sent down Kevin Gausman, but they plan to use him and Norris in both games in Friday’s double-header against the Rays. The O’s will need to find someone else to replace Norris if he needs to miss a start or go on the disabled list.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)