Jun 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Norris held the Yankees to one run on three hits and two walks while striking out four over five innings. Manager Buck Showalter brought in reliever Ryan Webb to begin the sixth inning. On the season, Norris has a 3.62 ERA with a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings.
The Orioles recently sent down Kevin Gausman, but they plan to use him and Norris in both games in Friday’s double-header against the Rays. The O’s will need to find someone else to replace Norris if he needs to miss a start or go on the disabled list.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)