Jun 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Norris held the Yankees to one run on three hits and two walks while striking out four over five innings. Manager Buck Showalter brought in reliever Ryan Webb to begin the sixth inning. On the season, Norris has a 3.62 ERA with a 60/28 K/BB ratio in 87 innings.
The Orioles recently sent down Kevin Gausman, but they plan to use him and Norris in both games in Friday’s double-header against the Rays. The O’s will need to find someone else to replace Norris if he needs to miss a start or go on the disabled list.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)