Jun 21, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
ESPN New York’s Danny Knobler reports that Yankees starter Michael Pineda has suffered yet another setback. He was supposed to play catch, but doctors found more inflammation in his right shoulder. As a result, Pineda will have another week of rest. Barring any further setbacks, he won’t return until August.
Pineda has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a strained teres major muscle in his right shoulder. He last pitched on April 23, when he was ejected in the second inning of his start against the Red Sox after he was caught with pine tar on his neck. In four starts spanning 19 2/3 innings, Pineda posted a 1.83 ERA with a 15/3 K/BB ratio.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)