Jun 21, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
ESPN New York’s Danny Knobler reports that Yankees starter Michael Pineda has suffered yet another setback. He was supposed to play catch, but doctors found more inflammation in his right shoulder. As a result, Pineda will have another week of rest. Barring any further setbacks, he won’t return until August.
Pineda has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a strained teres major muscle in his right shoulder. He last pitched on April 23, when he was ejected in the second inning of his start against the Red Sox after he was caught with pine tar on his neck. In four starts spanning 19 2/3 innings, Pineda posted a 1.83 ERA with a 15/3 K/BB ratio.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)