Jun 21, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
ESPN New York’s Danny Knobler reports that Yankees starter Michael Pineda has suffered yet another setback. He was supposed to play catch, but doctors found more inflammation in his right shoulder. As a result, Pineda will have another week of rest. Barring any further setbacks, he won’t return until August.
Pineda has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a strained teres major muscle in his right shoulder. He last pitched on April 23, when he was ejected in the second inning of his start against the Red Sox after he was caught with pine tar on his neck. In four starts spanning 19 2/3 innings, Pineda posted a 1.83 ERA with a 15/3 K/BB ratio.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 0
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 38
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)