Jun 21, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Marlins second baseman Rafael Furcal injured his left hamstring after trying to beat out a double play in the bottom of the third inning in Saturday afternoon’s game against the Mets. He did not take the field for the top of the fourth, and was instead replaced at his position by Jeff Baker.
Furcal, 36, made his 2014 debut on June 13 after missing the first 65 games of the season with a strained left hamstring. It was his first appearance in the major leagues since August 30, 2012 when he was with the Cardinals. Furcal slashed .171/.216/.229 with no home runs or stolen bases and only two RBI in 37 plate appearances.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)