Jun 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
We’ve seen a few of these types of plays before, but they never get old. The Toledo Mud Hens were trailing the Charlotte Knights 2-1 with one out in the bottom of the fifth last night when the magic happened.
Knights second baseman Carlos Sanchez hit a grounder directly up the middle. Mud Hens second baseman Brandon Douglas dove for it, flipped the ball to shortstop Hernan Perez, who then fired to first baseman Jordan Lennerton just before Sanchez stepped on the first base bag.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)