Jun 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
We’ve seen a few of these types of plays before, but they never get old. The Toledo Mud Hens were trailing the Charlotte Knights 2-1 with one out in the bottom of the fifth last night when the magic happened.
Knights second baseman Carlos Sanchez hit a grounder directly up the middle. Mud Hens second baseman Brandon Douglas dove for it, flipped the ball to shortstop Hernan Perez, who then fired to first baseman Jordan Lennerton just before Sanchez stepped on the first base bag.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)