Jun 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
We’ve seen a few of these types of plays before, but they never get old. The Toledo Mud Hens were trailing the Charlotte Knights 2-1 with one out in the bottom of the fifth last night when the magic happened.
Knights second baseman Carlos Sanchez hit a grounder directly up the middle. Mud Hens second baseman Brandon Douglas dove for it, flipped the ball to shortstop Hernan Perez, who then fired to first baseman Jordan Lennerton just before Sanchez stepped on the first base bag.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (239)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)