Jun 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
We’ve seen a few of these types of plays before, but they never get old. The Toledo Mud Hens were trailing the Charlotte Knights 2-1 with one out in the bottom of the fifth last night when the magic happened.
Knights second baseman Carlos Sanchez hit a grounder directly up the middle. Mud Hens second baseman Brandon Douglas dove for it, flipped the ball to shortstop Hernan Perez, who then fired to first baseman Jordan Lennerton just before Sanchez stepped on the first base bag.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)