Jun 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
We’ve seen a few of these types of plays before, but they never get old. The Toledo Mud Hens were trailing the Charlotte Knights 2-1 with one out in the bottom of the fifth last night when the magic happened.
Knights second baseman Carlos Sanchez hit a grounder directly up the middle. Mud Hens second baseman Brandon Douglas dove for it, flipped the ball to shortstop Hernan Perez, who then fired to first baseman Jordan Lennerton just before Sanchez stepped on the first base bag.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 316
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (316)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)