Jun 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports that Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has been playing through hip tightness over the last two weeks. Puig suffered the hip injury trying to break up a double play on June 7 against the Rockies.
Puig clarified to the media that he isn’t feeling pain, just tightness, and that the injury hasn’t worsened since. The injury may be affecting Puig at the plate, as he has posted a .645 OPS in 49 plate appearances since the game against the Rockies.
Overall, Puig is having a great season, slashing .324/.413/.544 with 11 home runs and 44 RBI in 302 plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)