Jun 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports that Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has been playing through hip tightness over the last two weeks. Puig suffered the hip injury trying to break up a double play on June 7 against the Rockies.
Puig clarified to the media that he isn’t feeling pain, just tightness, and that the injury hasn’t worsened since. The injury may be affecting Puig at the plate, as he has posted a .645 OPS in 49 plate appearances since the game against the Rockies.
Overall, Puig is having a great season, slashing .324/.413/.544 with 11 home runs and 44 RBI in 302 plate appearances.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)