Jun 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports that Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has been playing through hip tightness over the last two weeks. Puig suffered the hip injury trying to break up a double play on June 7 against the Rockies.
Puig clarified to the media that he isn’t feeling pain, just tightness, and that the injury hasn’t worsened since. The injury may be affecting Puig at the plate, as he has posted a .645 OPS in 49 plate appearances since the game against the Rockies.
Overall, Puig is having a great season, slashing .324/.413/.544 with 11 home runs and 44 RBI in 302 plate appearances.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 30
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 94
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)