Jun 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports that Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has been playing through hip tightness over the last two weeks. Puig suffered the hip injury trying to break up a double play on June 7 against the Rockies.
Puig clarified to the media that he isn’t feeling pain, just tightness, and that the injury hasn’t worsened since. The injury may be affecting Puig at the plate, as he has posted a .645 OPS in 49 plate appearances since the game against the Rockies.
Overall, Puig is having a great season, slashing .324/.413/.544 with 11 home runs and 44 RBI in 302 plate appearances.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 6
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 115
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)