Jun 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports that Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has been playing through hip tightness over the last two weeks. Puig suffered the hip injury trying to break up a double play on June 7 against the Rockies.
Puig clarified to the media that he isn’t feeling pain, just tightness, and that the injury hasn’t worsened since. The injury may be affecting Puig at the plate, as he has posted a .645 OPS in 49 plate appearances since the game against the Rockies.
Overall, Puig is having a great season, slashing .324/.413/.544 with 11 home runs and 44 RBI in 302 plate appearances.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)