Jun 22, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Via beat reporter Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com …
No Pagan again for #SFGiants: Blanco CF, Pence RF, Posey C, Sandoval 3B, Crawford SS, Colvin LF, Panik 2B, Arias 1B, Bumgarner P.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 22, 2014
Pagan has now missed six consecutive games due to inflammation in his back. He was given an epidural last week, but it apparently hasn’t done much good. The Giants could place the center fielder on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 15, if he doesn’t show significant progress over the next couple of days.
Michael Morse is also out for Sunday’s series finale against the Diamondbacks because of a back injury that he suffered in Saturday night’s 6-4 victory, but he is expected to return Monday versus the Padres.
Pagan, 32, is hitting .307/.356/.411 with 37 runs scored in 63 games this season for San Francisco.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)