Jun 22, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Via beat reporter Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com …
No Pagan again for #SFGiants: Blanco CF, Pence RF, Posey C, Sandoval 3B, Crawford SS, Colvin LF, Panik 2B, Arias 1B, Bumgarner P.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 22, 2014
Pagan has now missed six consecutive games due to inflammation in his back. He was given an epidural last week, but it apparently hasn’t done much good. The Giants could place the center fielder on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 15, if he doesn’t show significant progress over the next couple of days.
Michael Morse is also out for Sunday’s series finale against the Diamondbacks because of a back injury that he suffered in Saturday night’s 6-4 victory, but he is expected to return Monday versus the Padres.
Pagan, 32, is hitting .307/.356/.411 with 37 runs scored in 63 games this season for San Francisco.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)