Jun 22, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Via beat reporter Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com …
No Pagan again for #SFGiants: Blanco CF, Pence RF, Posey C, Sandoval 3B, Crawford SS, Colvin LF, Panik 2B, Arias 1B, Bumgarner P.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 22, 2014
Pagan has now missed six consecutive games due to inflammation in his back. He was given an epidural last week, but it apparently hasn’t done much good. The Giants could place the center fielder on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 15, if he doesn’t show significant progress over the next couple of days.
Michael Morse is also out for Sunday’s series finale against the Diamondbacks because of a back injury that he suffered in Saturday night’s 6-4 victory, but he is expected to return Monday versus the Padres.
Pagan, 32, is hitting .307/.356/.411 with 37 runs scored in 63 games this season for San Francisco.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 12
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 19
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)