Jun 22, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Via beat reporter Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com …
No Pagan again for #SFGiants: Blanco CF, Pence RF, Posey C, Sandoval 3B, Crawford SS, Colvin LF, Panik 2B, Arias 1B, Bumgarner P.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 22, 2014
Pagan has now missed six consecutive games due to inflammation in his back. He was given an epidural last week, but it apparently hasn’t done much good. The Giants could place the center fielder on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 15, if he doesn’t show significant progress over the next couple of days.
Michael Morse is also out for Sunday’s series finale against the Diamondbacks because of a back injury that he suffered in Saturday night’s 6-4 victory, but he is expected to return Monday versus the Padres.
Pagan, 32, is hitting .307/.356/.411 with 37 runs scored in 63 games this season for San Francisco.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)