Jun 22, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Via beat reporter Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com …
No Pagan again for #SFGiants: Blanco CF, Pence RF, Posey C, Sandoval 3B, Crawford SS, Colvin LF, Panik 2B, Arias 1B, Bumgarner P.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 22, 2014
Pagan has now missed six consecutive games due to inflammation in his back. He was given an epidural last week, but it apparently hasn’t done much good. The Giants could place the center fielder on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 15, if he doesn’t show significant progress over the next couple of days.
Michael Morse is also out for Sunday’s series finale against the Diamondbacks because of a back injury that he suffered in Saturday night’s 6-4 victory, but he is expected to return Monday versus the Padres.
Pagan, 32, is hitting .307/.356/.411 with 37 runs scored in 63 games this season for San Francisco.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 131
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (140)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)