Jun 22, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
Diamondbacks slugger Mark Trumbo told reporters last week that he was ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment with his surgically-repaired left foot feeling “good to go,” but Arizona’s medical staff is pumping the breaks on that sense of optimism.
According to beat reporter Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Southwest, Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said Sunday afternoon that Trumbo has not been cleared yet for rehab games and will remain sidelined through the July 14-17 All-Star break.
Gibson, whose Diamondbacks are buried in last place in the National League West standings, said the club plans to “make sure on Trumbo,” who is under contractual control through the 2016 season.
Trumbo had seven home runs and 19 RBI in 21 games before fracturing his foot in late April.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)