Jun 22, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
Diamondbacks slugger Mark Trumbo told reporters last week that he was ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment with his surgically-repaired left foot feeling “good to go,” but Arizona’s medical staff is pumping the breaks on that sense of optimism.
According to beat reporter Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Southwest, Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said Sunday afternoon that Trumbo has not been cleared yet for rehab games and will remain sidelined through the July 14-17 All-Star break.
Gibson, whose Diamondbacks are buried in last place in the National League West standings, said the club plans to “make sure on Trumbo,” who is under contractual control through the 2016 season.
Trumbo had seven home runs and 19 RBI in 21 games before fracturing his foot in late April.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)